Friday, March 25, 2011

Birds of Paradise at end of life cycle -- New babies on the way!





Jesse Darrow, a colleague in the reservations department of the hotel where we work by day, is moving to Mackinaw City, Michigan, with her husband Eric, where they'll be sharing the work of running the "Darrow's Family Restaurant" http://www.darrowsrestaurant.com/  -- I have been fortunate to be gifted a big fat beautiful pot of BOP that now sits in a special spot in my front porch living room garden!  Thank you Jesse! I'll take good care of these beauties! And good luck to you and Eric in your new life!

And to my dear friend and fabulous painter/artist Lorraine Ulen..., I have found our subject and she's sitting on the porch readying herself to produce babies for what I hope will be a lovely set of portraits!! Huzzah!! Looking forward to their arrival! So glad you said "take your time" when requesting reference photos!!!