Tuesday, March 1, 2011

All Messages Are Holy - a Facebook Conversation

In Memory of Bill Hamner
March 22, 1954 - February 25, 2011

------------------------------------------------

thank you & just to say hello
Between You and Bill Hamner

Bill Hamner November 29, 2009 at 12:43pm 
saw on your page that you recently joined csn&y. have enjoyed their music for years. thanks for post. hope your travels are enjoyable. bill

Michele Strub November 29, 2009 at 1:02pm
Was just having conversation with "Desarosa" (Daisy) King that CSN&Y were reason I picked up guitar as a kid - lyrics were flowing as we reminisced "Helpless" - "I still need a place to go, all my changes were there..."
thank you for dropping by with message - have you been to my website? http://www.mikalogue.com/  -- [URL no longer current ] I just rolled into Tucson yesterday evening - today I edit most recent photos and upload - tomorrow I look for a gig if endowments for mikalogue arts don't start rolling in, lol - take care, Michele

-----

i enjoyed
Between You and Bill Hamner

Bill Hamner December 2, 2009 at 5:01pm 
i enjoyed your "back in winston-salem photos" as posted on marilyn ingrams page. just wanted to say hello & hope you are doing alright. Bill

-----


thank you michele
Between You and Bill Hamner

Bill Hamner January 16, 2010 at 7:19pm 
since you added that post about my knowing where so many old places are in winston, people have e-mailed me wanting to tknow what i do/ did for a living. dont mind saying. i just say i remember alot about winston good & bad, the back way to places and such. i am not complaining.gotten a couple of friends requests out of it from people i dont know. hope your adventure continues and you are well, i know you keep in touch with a lot of people- hope you shall let me say hello now & then. bill h.

Michele Strub January 20, 2010 at 1:06pm
Please do, say hello now and then - and how about a profile photo? as a point of reference for the now and then - it has only been within the last one or two years that I've been in touch with any RJR/WS folk - been away so long - and even then, I wasn't the most outgoing creature - tell me more about yourself, family, etc. - unless you are intentionally below the grid, then I understand -

-----

flying under the radar
Between You and Bill Hamner

Bill Hamner January 20, 2010 at 5:23pm 
for the last few months. had major foot surgery last april. having tolay low- doctor home bound so i can heal. i found a list from you know you are from winston on rjrs classof 76 reunion internet page. links led me to facebook. i dont have the tools to upload photos- my old compaq computer is basically for internet use only,plus i have a printer. i worked for napa auto parts selling parts to garages & walkins. i dont know if you remember but i met you when you had talked to mr. pelech about wanting to work in the auditorium. several days later he asked me if i knew you & to see if you were still interested. i spoke to you in the lunch room & you said that you werent. yourphoto now is how i remember you. if you have your old annual- i am basically the same-just abigger version/ real short hair. if you know terry gilliam of monty python- was told once i resemble him. who knows. best wishes -bill

Michele Strub January 20, 2010 at 6:53pm
I am the antithesis of the "pack rat" - I haven't kept much over the years that wasn't critical to the present - that includes yearbooks and such - the images I do have I copied digitally and got rid of hard copies - after my mother died (back in April) I really did a major tossing of "stuff" - I don't have children and am sole survivor of my immediate family - there were a few things that I distributed while traveling in NC back in July/August, to secondary family members and dear old friends - everything I own now fits in the hatchback of my Kia and there is also a small storage unit in Clearwater that I really could do without - for some reason I couldn't let go of the 1933 Singer sewing machine that I bought for a song at an estate sale, lol - silly, because I'm geared for "the road" and extremely simple living - there's no good reason to hang on to that and the few other items that I (at the time) just wasn't ready to let go of. You know I'm living in Key West right now - I'm in a home rent free in exchange for housekeeping for a local hypnotherapist who's also working on her doctorate - good gig since rent in Key West is insane - and I have time to get out and make photographs and look for a part time job to pay for incidentals - other than that, I depend on donations through my website to keep things going - I built the site back in early June and have had just under 9,000 page visits since then - it doesn't pull down alot of bucks, but, as I mentioned, I live a simple life! That's kind of nutshell for me... 
I don't have immediate access to the memory of the auditorium staff gig - hindsight, I should have gone for it; it would have been great experience for the years I would later spend in theatre studies - 
talk to you later, Michele

-----

car quiz
Between You and Bill Hamner

Bill Hamner February 19, 2010 at 2:03pm 
thats what i got when i took the car quiz. didnt mean to send it out, but thats what happens whenyou get in a hurry. envy you in the warm. have a pina colata on me / or pepsi whatever your pleasure. hope your job is going well, bill

Michele Strub February 19, 2010 at 11:28pm
what seems seriously chilly here in KW would seem like a heat wave to most north of here! Hope you enjoy the "Garage Door Enhancements" email I sent!

-----

just wanted to say hello
Between You and Bill Hamner

Bill Hamner March 19, 2010 at 3:45am 
hope you are well & the job is doing alright. starting to warm up a bit here in winston. i hope you realize by now that key west is home to 2 fantastic people- you and ernest hemingway in his day. both of you are renaissance people. best wishes, bill

Michele Strub March 19, 2010 at 12:20pm
Thanks for stopping by, Bill! and for the kind words as well...I am happy to dive in, here on the island...take care and all the best to you! Michele

-----

thank you-
Between You and Bill Hamner

Bill Hamner March 22, 2010 at 4:20pm 
for the kind birthday wishes, michele. i appreciate hearing from you. hope you are well. bill

-----

just wanted to say hello
Between You and Bill Hamner

Bill Hamner April 18, 2010 at 8:24pm 
& you are thought of often. i do enjoy reading about your life adventures & the places you have been. please take care of yourself. always , bill

-----

just to say hello
Between You and Bill Hamner

Bill Hamner September 29, 2010 at 3:40am 
dear michele, just wanted to say hello after awhile. still trying to heal from foot surgery- doctor says if i am good it should be healed around thanksgiving & can get out. hope you are well & good. bill

Michele Strub September 29, 2010 at 12:55pm
Bill, hang in there and heal well - good to hear from you - recovery, especially the lower extremities, is ever so tedious - besides facebook, what do you do to fight boredom? I know you must be looking forward to getting out - its been a while, hasn't it? Take care dear, all the best, Michele

-----

Bill Hamner September 30, 2010 at 5:52am 
thank you michele for e-mailing me back. am home bound hopefully until thanksgiving when doctor releases me . stay on the computer several hours plus watch all the judge shows- theyre getting old, please take care & hope you are well .bill

Fly free, Bill, and keep those messages coming - Best wishes as you travel the universe - Know that you are remembered, Michele