Monday, July 12, 2010

from digital recording while driving through Texas




September 2[?], 2009

I am in Comfort, Texas. Just the name of it pulled me off the highway,

because I need some comfort right now - ya know... I get these thoughts

about Mom, little things she said, looks she had...and my heart cries

out...

I stopped in Comfort, Tx at the Dollar General Store, bought myself a

book to read, two birthday cards for Kelly...some shampoo and a bottle

of orange juice.

Yey Comfort! I'm in the Comfort Zone! Gawd its such a small town...I

could spit and I'd be through it.

Based on what I've seen traveling west away from San Antonio there's

going to be one hellava sunset tonight and I get to see it. The land...its

not even that spectacular yet and its still blowing me away.

I have to remember, right now, this moment...it's 6:16 in the evening, the

sun is beginning to make its way down, the clouds are magnificent...the

scenery is rolling and rocky and green and grey and I want to remember

just how happy I am right now. It may not be that way tomorrow, but

right now...its pretty good.

On the frontage of Sonora, headed toward...somewhere, fill in the blank,

oh my god, the sun is BEAUTIFUL tonight! Its what I love about Texas,

its what I'm going to love about everywhere else I'll go in the west, in the

southwest...-

I'm still moving, still going, I'm taking photos, enjoying the view, the

frontage road, love that I'm not on I-10...oh, what's that? Halliburton?

Didn't know they had facilities here...I'm headed toward the Caverns of

Sonora...I'm the only one on this road...