Monday, June 21, 2010

Memory of the 1998 Triumph Trident 900



Between the years 1998 and 2004 I drove nothing but my 1998 Triumph Trident 900 motorcycle - In all that time I don't recall having ever taken a photograph of it - I don't know who made these photos I've posted; I've left file names the way I found them - These photos are merely for illustration as I am musing the past and desire an image.
My Triumph was solid black with deep red tank banner and gold lettering, similar to the photo above. My friend Kim called it "the whisper jet". It was, and it rode like a dream; engineered for instinct.
Feeling the years as well as aches and pains from "the accident" (pre-Trident), I sold my bike in 2004 and bought a 2004 Kia Spectra Hatchback, also known affectionately as Camp Cafe Kia and Motor Inn - As I am in Key West now I am thinking of selling the car to join the world of island scooters. Or maybe not. Shite - My mind is not yet made up. Time in Key West is time for dreaming.